Octivius is a multi-skilled international ICT and telecommunications commercial executive with over 23 years in developing and executing growth strategies across Africa and South East Asia. Throughout his career, Octivius has horned a penchant for success in culturally-diverse and challenging frontier markets. He has lived and worked in six countries (Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Afghanistan, UAE) while exercising managerial oversight across 14 additional African markets.
Octivius has solid business contacts and profound ICT market knowledge across the three key economic hubs in Sub Saharan Africa – Kenya (East Africa), Nigeria (West Africa), and South Africa (Southern Africa).
Octivius is an expert in Business Development Strategy & Execution; Marketing Strategy & Execution; ICT Channel Strategy; ICT Product Development and Innovation; Marketing Automation; Digital Business Strategy; Digital Transformation Programs; Digital Marketing Strategy and Execution.
His qualifications include: MBA – University of Zimbabwe; BTech Hons – University of South Africa; Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Business – MIT Sloan and Emeritus Institute; Post graduate Diploma in Marketing – Chartered Institute of Marketing United Kingdom; Graduate Diploma in Marketing – Institute of Marketing Management South Africa; Certificate in Digital Strategies – Columbia Business School and Emeritus Institute. Octivius is a full member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa (IODSA) and a certified Chartered Marketer with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM UK)
Joana has dememerging and next onstrated career success developing and executing strategies to promote the utilization of generation technologies and managing projects. Extensive experience leading the adoption and taking to market of technologies.
Having worked for diverse companies (including ICASA, Potraz, Ascend) in the Technology sphere, Joana has attained invaluable executive skills in Strategic Planning and Management; Project/Program/Portfolio Management; Project Appraisal; Business Development; New Product Development; Contract Management; Network Operations; ICT Policy and Regulation; Regulatory Compliance; Software Development; Technology Strategy; Network Planning and Development; System Deployment; Formulation; Technical Specifications and Vendor Selection
Joana’s qualifications include: Masters in Business Administration (with Merit), SAQA Level 9
Bachelor of Science Honors Degree in Electrical Engineering, SAQA Level 8; Project Management Institute (PMI) USA,2014; Project Management Professional (PMP).
Joana also holds several certificates in Telecommunications , ICT and Agile Methodologies. She is currently stidying for a Masters in ICT Policy
Pardon is a telecommunications and Fintech C-level Executive with unrivalled expertise in business development and marketing strategy. He has extensive experience in crafting business growth strategies, developing marketing programs and fostering relationships with strategic partners within the ICT and Fintech spheres in Africa. He has developed a profound network of contacts and partners across financial institutions, mobile network operators (MNOs), retailers and regulatory authorities in Africa.
- His unique set of experience in telco, mobile money ecosystem and on-line business makes him a perfect fit for a nascent market in Africa.
- Experienced in setting up mobile money ecosystems in frontier markets and orchestrating digital platforms to drive business growth.
- Prior to joining WorldRemit, Pardon was the Group Executive for Value Added Services (VAS) at Liquid Telecom. The role involved research, development and deployment of digital products across 13 African countries including South Africa, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Nigeria.
- Before joining Liquid Telecom, he was the Head of Marketing for Econet Wireless where he launched a number of overlay services such as EcoCash.The EcoCash platform today is plausibly the second most successful mobile money venture after M-Pesa.
- Pardon has also successfully spearheaded the research, development and deployment of several technological innovations aimed at digitizing the insurance sector, school education, healthcare, farming, transport and energy leveraging off MNO’s infrastructure.
- He is a passionate driver of financial inclusion, technology driven disruptions and sustainable growth through partnerships.
- Pardon is currently responsible for driving WorldRemit business expansion program across Sub Saharan Africa.
His qualifications include:
MBA, Nottingham Business School, (UK); BComm Marketing (Hons) NUST; (ZIM), Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Business – MIT Sloan and Emeritus Institute; Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing – Chartered Institute of Marketing United Kingdom;
Pardon is a full member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa (IODSA) and a certified Chartered Marketer with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM UK)