Octivius is a multi-skilled international ICT and telecommunications commercial executive with over 23 years in developing and executing growth strategies across Africa and South East Asia. Throughout his career, Octivius has horned a penchant for success in culturally-diverse and challenging frontier markets. He has lived and worked in six countries (Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Afghanistan, UAE) while exercising managerial oversight across 14 additional African markets.
Octivius has solid business contacts and profound ICT market knowledge across the three key economic hubs in Sub Saharan Africa – Kenya (East Africa), Nigeria (West Africa), and South Africa (Southern Africa).
Octivius is an expert in Business Development Strategy & Execution; Marketing Strategy & Execution; ICT Channel Strategy; ICT Product Development and Innovation; Marketing Automation; Digital Business Strategy; Digital Transformation Programs; Digital Marketing Strategy and Execution.
His qualifications include: MBA – University of Zimbabwe; BTech Hons – University of South Africa; Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Business – MIT Sloan and Emeritus Institute; Post graduate Diploma in Marketing – Chartered Institute of Marketing United Kingdom; Graduate Diploma in Marketing – Institute of Marketing Management South Africa; Certificate in Digital Strategies – Columbia Business School and Emeritus Institute. Octivius is a full member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa (IODSA) and a certified Chartered Marketer with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM UK)
With over 20 years in ICT, Lulama is seasoned Information Technology Management consultant providing strategic advice and recommendations at both business and technical levels, based on expertise and experience, to address client digital transformation needs and journeys.
His expertise ranges from narrow specialist subject areas to wide subject matter areas and strategic business issues. Lulama is a seasoned executive in the implementation complex projects and integrated solutions including the design and communication of high-level structures that meet current and future business needs.
Lulama is a goal-oriented professional with exceptional technical knowledge and skills, a team player with polished interpersonal and presentation skills. An analytical self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to bring order to chaos.
Lulama’s experience in consulting includes providing unique value and creative input in engagements in digital transformation projects across several industry verticals, in particular
- Designing enterprise information management architectures for many public sector departments and SOEs in South Sfrica;
- Architecting eHealth interoperability solutions based on the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) profiles for public healthcare;
- Architecting solutions aimed at driving adoption of the Municipal Standard Charter of Accounts (mSCOA) transformation in Local Government;
- Architecting solutions aimed at digitizing the Infrastructure Development Management Standard (IDMS) for the Public Works and Construction Engineering industry;
- Architecting Solutions focused at improving engineering document management and workflows in the Utilities industry.
Before transitioning to ICT, Lulama boasts more than 5 years’ experience as an education professional specializing in Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
His qualifications include:
Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Business – MIT Sloan Executive Education & Emeritus Institute of Management; Bachelor of Philosophy in Information and Knowledge Management – Stellenbosch University; Bachelor of Science – Walter Sisulu University; A+ Certification; ITIL v3 Foundations and several vendor-specific information management certifications.
Pardon is a telecommunications and Fintech C-level Executive with unrivalled expertise in business development and marketing strategy. He has extensive experience in crafting business growth strategies, developing marketing programs and fostering relationships with strategic partners within the ICT and Fintech spheres in Africa. He has developed a profound network of contacts and partners across financial institutions, mobile network operators (MNOs), retailers and regulatory authorities in Africa.
- His unique set of experience in telco, mobile money ecosystem and on-line business makes him a perfect fit for a nascent market in Africa.
- Experienced in setting up mobile money ecosystems in frontier markets and orchestrating digital platforms to drive business growth.
- Prior to joining WorldRemit, Pardon was the Group Executive for Value Added Services (VAS) at Liquid Telecom. The role involved research, development and deployment of digital products across 13 African countries including South Africa, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Nigeria.
- Before joining Liquid Telecom, he was the Head of Marketing for Econet Wireless where he launched a number of overlay services such as EcoCash.The EcoCash platform today is plausibly the second most successful mobile money venture after M-Pesa.
- Pardon has also successfully spearheaded the research, development and deployment of several technological innovations aimed at digitizing the insurance sector, school education, healthcare, farming, transport and energy leveraging off MNO’s infrastructure.
- He is a passionate driver of financial inclusion, technology driven disruptions and sustainable growth through partnerships.
- Pardon is currently responsible for driving WorldRemit business expansion program across Sub Saharan Africa.
His qualifications include:
MBA, Nottingham Business School, (UK); BComm Marketing (Hons) NUST; (ZIM), Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Business – MIT Sloan and Emeritus Institute; Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing – Chartered Institute of Marketing United Kingdom;
Pardon is a full member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa (IODSA) and a certified Chartered Marketer with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM UK)